"Welcome to Costa Rica – a country that offers volcanoes, rainforests, beaches and so much more, all within an easy driving distance of one another"
Feel the sand between your toes on the heavenly beaches of Manuel Antonio, keep your eyes peeled for sloths in the magical cloud forest of Monteverde, and whizz through the skies on zip lines at the Arenal Volcano. This 10-day tour offers a wide range of activities whilst giving you the chance to explore the top locations in Costa Rica independently. This trip is ideal for families or groups who are looking for the perfect mixture of fun, relaxation, adrenaline and nature!
If you’re eager to explore Costa Rica with all the convenience of a tour but don’t want to be hemmed in by tight schedules and early starts, then this is the trip for you. On the first day you’ll be given a 4x4 vehicle, which will be yours to explore with for the duration of the trip. This gives you the freedom to go at your own pace and visit the most important places for you whilst avoiding spending half your holiday sitting in a stuffy coach. This trip brings together the best of both worlds: avoid the effort of planning a trip yourself, but enjoy the independence to discover the beauty of Costa Rica exactly as you please!
Asuaire has a mission: to ensure that it provides travellers with a custom-designed experience whilst remaining dedicated to sustainability. One of the company’s aims is to maintain the balance between the three pillars of sustainable development: social, economic and environmental. By addressing each pillar through various sustainability measures, the company aims to ensure that its impact is an all-round positive one. In terms of environmental sustainability, Asuaire has various recycling, electricity-saving and water efficiency initiatives to help minimise waste and reduce emissions. They also work to replant native trees, helping to regenerate natural habitats.
To address the social and economic pillars of sustainability, Asuaire aims to bring benefits to local communities by hiring local guides, ensuring that revenue stays within destination communities. The company has also improved its commitment to social responsibility by adapting tours to meet the requirements of people with disabilities. Finally, Asuaire is not only dedicated to sustainability but also promotes programmes like the CST (Certification of Tourism Sustainability) and The Blue Flag Ecology Program - programmes that aim to protect the environment for future generations whilst also providing education relating to sustainable practises.
Settling In: You’ll be met on your arrival at San José and then transferred to Hotel El Silencio. Here you’ll be given a 4x4 with full cover insurance, which is yours to roam around in for the next 10 days.
Exploring Bajos del Toro: Spend the first day wandering around Bajos del Toro. There are walking trails for those seeking activity, a beautiful river to enjoy or markets where you can soak up the authentic atmosphere and try your hand at bargaining.
Volcanic Activity: It’s a two hour drive to the Arenal Volcano, which is where you’ll spend the next two nights of the tour. Whizz through the air on a zip line, brave the hanging bridges or simply chill out (or warm up…) at the hot springs.
High in the Sky: Set off to Monteverde, renowned for its biodiverse forest in the clouds. Take in the amazing nature at the biological reserve, test your nerves on adrenaline-pumping activities or hop off to explore the frog ponds.
Paradise and Parks: It’s time to discover Manuel Antonio, found on the central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Manuel Antonio has a little bit of everything to offer, including white sand beaches, luscious rainforest and coral reefs. The National Park is definitely worth a visit and you can easily spend a day simply chilling on the beach.
Adios Amigos: Sadly it’s time to hop in your 4x4 and head back to San José to return the car and take your flight back home.
- Offer available to travel until Dec 10, 2016
- Price shown is based on double occupancy (2 adults sharing) during the low season
- Click 'Ask a Question' to find out more about this tour's departure dates and costs
- Price shown is with taxes included
- Prices may change due to rate change from Asuaire's providers or lack of availability where a change could imply an extra cost
- Asuaire's cancellation policies are aligned by their providers' policies. For non-peak season bookings travelers get a full refund 20 days before the trip, except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation. For cancellations during Christmas, New Year's and Holly Week, 40 days before arrival travelers will get a refund except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation.
- 9 x nights of lodging (with breakfast included)
- Rent of 4×4 Daihatsu Bego or a similar model for 10 days (with full cover insurance). Choose between GPS or WIFI for free during the rental.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly!