"Feel like an ice-queen (or king!) in this unique, hand-carved iglu!"
This place is cool. Really cool. In fact, you could even say that it’s literally the coolest resort in the mountains, because it’s made of snow! Each year, new Igloo Villages spring out of the snow at various locations in the Swiss Alps (and two in Germany and Andorra), with an innovative ‘balloon’ technique used to create icy architectural wonders. Step into a magical world where you’ll find bars, restaurants, and hotel-igloos all exquisitely crafted from snow and ice. International artists add the finishing touches, decorating the interiors of the Igloo Village buildings with intricate detail and helping to create the finished product: an enchanting and fantastical winter world.
Stay at a cosy multi-bed ‘Standard Igloo’ or enjoy the paradoxical experience of sleeping in a heated snow-room at the ‘Hot Igloo’! Luxuriate in the privacy of your own ‘Island Igloo’ on Lake Hinterstocken, or appreciate the tastefully furnished ‘Romantic Igloo Suite’ which boasts its own music system and private Jacuzzi! Watch the sun rise behind the mountains before being the first to hit the slopes for some adrenaline-pumping skiing and snowboarding. Take a break at the Iglu-Bar and Restaurant, soaking up the sun on the deck, sipping mulled wine and feasting on a rich fondue. Visit the wellness area and sit in a steaming hot-tub as you admire breath-taking views of the surrounding snow-capped mountain peaks.
Although climate change affects us all, many of us struggle to truly understand its implications. This is not the case at Iglu-Dorf, where the impact of climatic changes is felt first-hand. As alpine temperatures rise, Igloo Villages are being re-located at higher and higher altitudes; Iglu-Dorf is therefore highly sensitive to the delicate balance of nature in the mountains, and the threat that climate change poses. As such, the company has been motivated to prioritise sustainability in all areas, constantly striving to make their ecological footprint smaller and smaller. Iglu-Dorf believes in the ‘gentle’ and sustainable use of natural resources, and pays particular attention to reducing its levels of energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
Iglu-Dorf’s Igloo Villages are constructed using an innovative self-developed technique which involves inflating large balloons, covering them in snow and then collapsing them to be re-used. Using snow as a natural building material means that the long-term impact on the mountain environment is minimal; since the structures are not permanent, at the end of the season when the snow melts away nothing is left! Iglu-Dorf believes that as products of nature, humans should love and respect their environment and strive to minimise any ecological footprint so as to conserve and protect the nature’s precious resources.
- The rate shown (as well as inclusions/exclusions) is for a standard igloo
- Other options available - click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly about all accommodation options, availability and costs
- Welcome drink and savoury nibbles
- Guided tour through the igloo village
- Fondue for dinner (Gerber moitié-moitié)
- Tea throughout the evening
- Usage of public whirlpool
- Use of mixed gender sauna (only in Davos‐Klosters, Gstaad und Zugspitze)
- Short snowshoe walk (Swiss igloo villages) or night time walk (Zugspitze), weather permitting
- Overnight stay in dormitory Standard-Igloo for up to 6 persons (not exclusive)
- Inner sleeping bag and an expedition sleeping bag up to ‐40° C
- Good-morning tea served to your sleeping bag
- Breakfast in a restaurant
- Igloo Guides to take care of your needs during your stay
- Travel to and from Igloo-Village destination, as well as any parking charges
- Mountain railway tickets
- Additional drinks
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!