Untouched Guyana – 7 Days
Departure: 22nd March 2021
This trip is made for adventurers looking to avoid the overcrowded tourist-heavy destinations and see nature's beauty in the most complete and untouched way! Guyana has experienced less than 1% deforestation. It is one of a tiny handful of places left in the world left largely untouched by humanity. This allows for some of the most spectacular opportunities for exploring beautiful natural landscapes and rare wildlife sightings!
The only challenge to Guyana is getting around as it is a less developed part of the world for tourism. Lucky for you, you'll be joining a group led by a man who's lived and worked in the forests of Guyana as a student, scientist, and explorer, Jordan Flagel, plus Max Sinclair, the Eco Companion founder. You'll be taken on a tour of all the best sides that Guyana has to offer. Exploring the local Guyanese rum shops (stocking up is a necessity), canopy walks through the treetops of the rainforest, working with local conservationists based in the area or just spending time floating down the Essequibo River. This tour is a glimpse into a Guyanese paradise!
→ Marvel at the 741-foot high and 333-foot wide Kaieteur Falls, the largest single-drop waterfall in the world!
→ See the “Giants of El Dorado” including the world’s largest snake, crocodile, river otter, eagle, freshwater fish, river turtle, and more. Every moment in this trip brings opportunity for wildlife from searching for jaguars and caimans at night to monkeys and tapirs at day!
→ Head out with local conservation researchers working in the field at Iwokrama International Center for Conservation and Development (IIC) to learn about their important work. This is exclusively being offered to our group unavailable to the general public!
This trips starts in Georgetown on the 22nd of March 2021 and ends back in Georgetown on the 28th. March is set within the dry season that is a glorious time of year to experience what Guyana has to offer with high temperatures being the only thing to prepare for. Standing under the Orinduik Falls for a shower or a glass of the local Guyanese rum punch solves that in no time though!
Day 1 - Arrival into Georgetown (22/03/21)
- Fly over dense forest before descending into the Georgetown airport.
- Get acquainted as we explore the famous Stabroek Market and St. George's Cathedral, the latter of which was the tallest wooden building in the world until recently.
- Also, experience Georgetown's vibrant nightlife if you desire.
Day 2 - Kaieteur National Park, Orinduik Falls & Guyanese rum! (23/03/21)
- Hop aboard our own chartered plane exclusively for our group to Kaieteur National Park.
- Look out across the 300+ foot Potaro River as it plunges nearly 750 feet over the edge in one massive, uninterrupted flow.
- Continue on by air to Orinduik Falls.
- Return to Georgetown after your first experience of the lush Guyanese forests and get a taste of Guyanese rum shops, a unique cultural norm, and vendor food - a delicious experience for all!
Day 3 - 5 - Iwokrama International Center for Conservation and Development (24/03/21 - 26/03/21)
- Take another short flight on our own private plane down to Iwokrama International Center for Conservation and Development (IIC), a combination eco-lodge and research center in the heart of the vast Iwokrama forest reserve.
- During our stay here we will walk along the tops of the trees at the Canopy Walkway, hike Turtle Mountain for unparalleled panoramic views, explore jungle trails, search for your favourite animals, go birding, and explore the mighty Essequibo River.
- While exploring everything the Iwokrama forest has to offer we will be constantly learning about biodiversity, ecological connections, and conservation strategies that the IIC employs - and we will have the chance to join a researcher in the field if we wish.
- Also relax in the serene environment the rainforest provides, take a few hours or even an entire day to lounge in a hammock at the beautiful riverside lodges.
Day 6 - Departing Iwokrama reserve and one final rum fueled evening in Georgetown!
- Depart from the Iwokrama reserve and explore pristine creeks near the capital that have been untouched by development.
- Enjoy watching the sunset before heading back to the city for one last night of Guyanese food, rum, jokes, and stories.
Day 7 - Departure
- Enjoy one last sunrise and taste of Guyanese food before departing Cheddi Jagan International Airport, or continue on your own adventure.
Use the 'BOOK' tab to begin securing your place on this trip. If you have any questions, use the 'send enquiry' button, or email us at [email protected], and we'll get back to you ASAP!
Per person price: £2,799 (Early bird £100 off for first 4 traveller's still available as we love to reward the spontaneous!!)
Secure your place with a deposit of only 20%!