“Take part in an exciting teaching project in Costa Rica, where you’ll be integrated into the local community and learn to love the people, beaches, rainforests, and wildlife of this magical destination.”
Throw yourself in at the deep end and become immersed in Costa Rican culture teaching English at local schools. You’ll be pitching in wherever you’re most useful - depending on how long you stay for, you might be asked to assist in lessons, help children who are struggling or even plan lessons for your own small group.
After school you can help with extra-curricular activities like football or assist with the English classes for adults, run in the evening. The school closes at weekends, leaving you plenty of time for exploring further afield and checking out the bars, restaurants and clubs of Puerto Jimenez.
Teaching in Costa Rica will give you the chance to improve the lives of local people on the Osa Peninsula and doing so with Frontier you can be sure that the good work won’t stop when you leave. Frontier is committed to securing the future of all of the projects with which it works and ensuring that they are able to continue benefitting local communities for many years to come. The projects run by the NGO include those with community development, education, wildlife, humanitarian, research and conservation remits, as Frontier believes that the only way to create a mutually-beneficial relationship between man and the environment is to address both human and environmental needs.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per person, based on a week-long stay
- Longer stays are available
- Click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly about this project's availability, departure dates, lengths and costs
- Pre-departure support and documentation
- Travel and medical advice and documentation
- Advice on visas and equipment
- In-country accommodation
- Food 5 days a week (2 meals a day)
- Airport pick-up (if arriving on Sunday afternoon)
- Ground transfers to the Frontier house
- Local orientation and training
- In-country emergency support
- 24-hour international HQ backup
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in 'inclusions'