"A riverside hotel, offering a peaceful retreat in the Chinese countryside of Yangshuo."
If you’re looking for an escape, you’ve come to the right place. Surrounded by karst mountain peaks and luscious green rice fields, and with no televisions or phones in the rooms, this hotel in Yangshuo offers a total escape from busy city life. Set along the banks of the Yulong river, this hotel started as a humble eco-lodge. Although it has grown in size, the idea has remained the same: a beautiful lodge offering comfortable accommodation, whilst supporting the local community.
Family rooms offer stunning views of both the mountains and the river, and in each room the furniture is made out of bamboo from the local forest, giving it both a luxury and authentic feel. The hotel also boasts the only riverside restaurant in Yangshuo, with farm-to-table fresh produce and the choice of local, Chinese delicacies or Western cuisine. The natural beauty surrounding the hotel offers a taster of what’s in store when you explore the local area. Pay a visit to Moon Hill, a dramatic rock formation, or head to the Seven Star Park where you can explore above and below ground, hiking through stunning karst hills or adventuring deep into underground caves.
The Mountain Retreat hotel is dedicated to ecotourism and to this end, they have adopted various sustainable practices relating to water, power, waste and the local environment. These practices include using solar energy, and drilling their own well to reduce the hotel's impact on water resources. The hotel has also planted over 300 plants and trees in the area and put up birdhouses around the hotel, which have visitors every year!
The Yangshuo Mountain Retreat is also keen to promote and protect the surrounding cultures and communities. All the staff are locals and guests are actively encouraged to engage with Yangshuo’s culture, by interacting with the people, exploring local villages and buying handicrafts and locally made products that are sold in the hotel’s charity shop. The hotel also contributes to the Blessing Hands Foundation, a charity that finances college tuition fees for two girls from the rural area, giving them access to education that would not be possible without the fund.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night
- Rates vary depending on the season
- Click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability, room options and rates
- Refunds/cancellation: 80% refund available until 30 days prior to check-in; 50% refund available 15 days prior to check-in; 25% refund available 6 days prior to check-in; within 5 days of check-in there will be no refund.
- Room and use of all property facilities
- Shuttle bus service into town
- Free gated parking
- Airport transfers
- Show tickets
- Paid attractions
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!