"Discover the mysterious beauty of the Northern Highlands from the comfort of a luxurious lodge."
Located at the northernmost point of mainland Britain, John O'Groats is famed as the start of an epic 876 mile 'End to End' traverse to Land's End in England. However, after staying in this lodge you'll discover that John O'Groats is far more than just the starting-point of a famous hike! This luxurious three-bed lodge is in a prime spot of the North Highlands, with outstanding vistas of the Orkney Islands visible from your window. After adventuring out into the surrounding area for the day, return for a revitalising coffee, and to a room full of amenities including an en-suite shower room.
With the luxurious lodge as your base, you'll find there's plenty to discover just on your doorstep. Walk along scenic coastal paths to the staggering cliffs of Duncansby Head, which rise 200 feet high and are home to a variety of nestling birds; explore The Stacks of Duncansby, a formation a gigantic rocks which jut prominently into the North Sea; and take a trip to the Orkney Islands. Situated just 6 miles from the town, you can enjoy excursions to impressive landmarks such as the pre-historic town of Skara Brae and the mystic Standing Stones of Stenness!
Natural Retreats look to develop their properties in positions which not only fit with landscape and ecological constraints, but also maximise natural light and warmth. Each lodge is equipped with glass walls in order to allow natural sunlight to enter. This reduces the need for electrical lighting and ensures a more natural element to your holiday. Natural Retreats sources all of their furniture and fittings locally; this helps to support local economies by delivering consumer traffic through local businesses. With the inclusion of on-site shops and cafés surrounding the lodges, Natural Retreats aimsto deliver more businesses to the region as well as providing you with a resource to select from a wide range of foods - all of which have been produced locally.
When visiting the town of John O’Groats, guests can also swing by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust which works to support the growth of the ‘Great Yellow’ Bumblebee - a species on the brink of extinction. Natural Retreats collaborates with and supports this company, helping them to fund their campaign to preserve the wellbeing of bees. Bees help to pollinate various flowers and crops which enable the land to become more fertilised and suitable for farming. Visitors will receive an extensive knowledge on how bees benefit our environment and the work the Trust does to ensure their welfare.
- The price shown is a per-night rate
- The rate shown is for a self-catered stay, but lunch bookings can be arranged
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability and rates
- This property sleeps six, and is pet-friendly for an additional fee
- Click 'Ask a Question' to find out more about this property's accessibility
- Complimentary Welcome Hamper containing delicious local produce and a bottle of wine
- Kitchen facilities (cooker, coffee maker, utensils, microwave)
- All linen and towels
- Cots, high-chairs and sterilizers available on request (click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator about this)
- Welcome Hamper containing delicious local produce and a bottle of wine
- Cot linen
- Any services or activities not mentioned in inclusions