“Explore the incredible islands of the Galapagos, getting to know the wildlife on land and beneath the waves!”
Discover the enchanting Galapagos Islands on this island-hopping tour! The Galapagos form a natural sanctuary that preserves species and has allowed them to evolve independently from their mainland relatives for millenia. The unique creatures found here as a result are the inspiration for Darwin’s theory of evolution, and you will see them in a setting unlike any other. This is one of the few places on earth that allows such intimate contact with so much wildlife. Through dives, hikes, and boat rides, you will explore the islands on an adventure you will never forget!
This tour is lead by a team who focus on highlighting the beauty, environmental significance, and astounding cultural diversity of the area. The philosophy of these trips is to focus above all on the beauty of life and how to best protect it. Adventure travelling in this way changes people's perspectives and shows them how important it is to protect our planet.
Welcome to Quito! This is the largest and best preserved city in the Americas and in 1978 it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Indeed, this city is utterly fascinating. It is considered the cultural capital of South America as well as the second most important city of the old Inca Empire. If you arrive in the morning, you will have some time to explore the stunning old town and the surrounding area. If you want to organize a day trip, don’t hesitate to ask us and we will help you! In the evening, you will head to your hotel and meet your guide for a welcome briefing.
Today the adventure truly begins! Prepare yourself to visit the islands that inspired Darwin’s theory of evolution with its plethora of stunning flora and fauna. You will board a morning flight to the island of Baltra, then a fast boat to Isabela. Isabela is the largest island in the Galapagos and one of the most volcanically active places on Earth. During the crossing, keep an eye out for dolphins and whales!
Volcanic activity on the island has produce some of the most incredible natural land and seascapes imaginable. Today you will exploring the amazing formations created by lava along the seashore. It is a labyrinth of lava arches under the waves. Swim through crystal clear water and spot sea turtles, eagle rays, sea lions, fish, white-tipped reef sharks and more. On the shore, get up close to the playful and curious Galapagos Penguins. Before of after your trip, you will have some free time, during which you can take part in optional activities such as snorkeling at "Concha de Perla", taking surfing lessons, biking or just relax on the exotic white-sand beaches of Isabela Island. We recommend you to take some time to visit the giant tortoise breeding center located walking distance from the hotel.
Head up from Puerto Villiamil to the trailhead, where you will prepare your backpacks and hike into the verdant young forest ecosystem. Your destination: the rim of the Sierra Negra Crater, an active volcano. At the crater, you will take in the breathtaking views and explore the circumference of the massive, lava-filled crater, over six miles across at its widest point. In the afternoon, you will head to the Tintoreras Islet, a short distance from Puerto Villamil and home to an incredible array of wildlife. Its turquoise, crystalline waters are inhabited by white-tipped reef sharks, Galapagos penguins, turtles and sea lions. One of its beaches surrounded by mangroves is one of the few sites where marine iguanas can reproduce successfully.
In the morning, you will take a fast boat and head from Isabela to Santa Cruz. You will have the opportunity to visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn about the incredible endemic species you have met on the trip so far. You will also hear about the ongoing conservation and management efforts on the islands. In the afternoon, you will head to the ‘El Chato’ Reserve in the highlands of the island. Here is the home of the famous Galapagos tortoise. You will hike through stunning scenery with these gentle giants. Other highland wildlife includes pintail ducks, egrets, flycatchers, finches, and you can watch frigate birds gather to wash the salt off their feathers in a freshwater lake. In the evening you will return to Puerto Ayora and enjoy a last dinner on the islands.
After a final breakfast on the Galapagos Islands and a few final photos, you will transfer to Baltra for your flight back to the mainland.
Head to the airport for home or to continue your adventures!
- The price shown is a 'from' price per person
- Click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly about this tour's availability, departure dates and costs
- Transportation: Airport transfers (domestic flights), sea transportation Santa Cruz - Isabela islands round trip, comfortable land transportation.
- Accommodations based in double occupancy: First Class hotel in Quito, 4-star hotels in Galapagos
- Activities: Snorkeling in the Lava Tunnels, Trekking to the top of Sierra Negra active volcano, snorkeling, and kayaking in Tintoreras, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, hiking in Santa Cruz highlands.
- Meals Included: 6 breakfasts and 2 box lunches
- Gear: Snorkeling mask and fins, life vest
- Trip Leader: Certified EPL expert English-speaking Adventure Naturalist local guides
- Own Room supplement: USD $610
- Airfare Quito - Galapagos - Quito round trip (Estimated Budget $610)
- International flights
- Airport transfer (international flights)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Some meals - estimated budget USD $180 USD
- INGALA transit card: USD $20 per person, cash only (subject to change)
- Galapagos National Park fee: USD $100 per person, cash only (subject to change)
- USD $10 pier-use fee at Puerto Villamil
- Snorkeling gear (mask and fins) for optional activities: USD $8 per day per person
- Wetsuit for rent: USD $10