"Indulge in a relaxing Welsh glamping getaway."
Why go camping when you can go ‘glamping’? Eco-friendly experiences don’t much better than Larkhill Tipis and Yurts, a site that embraces the best of the serene Welsh countryside with just a hint of other far-flung worlds... Your lodging will be in a tent like no other you’ve seen before – with towering tipis and expansive yurts, the accommodation offers plenty of space and comfort whilst keeping you in amongst the natural world that exists closely outside.
It may be isolated but there is still plenty to see and do including healing and massage treatments to further the relaxation of your stay. If you bring the kids, the children’s park should keep them occupied for several hours. With extensive forest nature trails winding through the woodland, you will undoubtedly meet some inquisitive and intriguing Welsh wildlife as well as marvel at the magnificence of the landscapes before you. Come nightfall, gather beside the campfire and witness the broadest sky full of stars that you are ever likely to see.
The site utilises renewable energy sources for both the purposes of sustainability and pragmatism. Its remote location presented difficulties with regard to conventional power supplies therefore the use of renewables makes sense both practically and environmentally, beneficial all round! Furlmatic wind turbines, two solar panels and a small water wheel are responsible for generating 99% of the site's energy - Larkhill really is totally 'off-grid'!
Since 1998, four acres of woodland have bene planted on site, helping to regenerate native woodland and provide a habitat for a plethora of wildlife. Now, these delicate woodland and open meadow habitats are carefully maintained in order to preserve the local biodiversity. Waste management is also of great importance at Larkhill, with recycling containers provided in the communal cabin as well as composting toilets – two separate facilities for wet and dry waste. All cleaning products at the campsite are also of an environmentally friendly standard.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly about this property's availability, accommodation options and rates
- Please note that there is a minimum stay of two nights
- Due to the nature of the site, parties, stag nights, hen nights or adult groups of more than six people are not permitted
- In the event of high winds, or weather conditions that the management consider are dangerous to customers, Larkhill Tipis and Yurts reserves the right to cancel your holiday at short notice. Alternative dates will be offered, or a refund on your payment.
- Refunds: 80% refund available until 30 days prior to check-in; 50% refund available 15 days prior to check-in; 25% refund available 6 days prior to check-in; within 5 days of check-in there will be no refund.
- Cooking equipment
- Firewood (one basket per day)
- Blankets and pillows
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Other bedding (please bring your own duvet and bottom sheet/sleeping bag)
- Extra baskets of firewood (charged at £3 per basket)