"A unique and authentic Costa Rican hotel that encompasses both adventure and relaxation."
The Hacienda Guachipelin is the sustainable hotel of your dreams. Located at the foot of the Rincón de la Vieja Volcano in Guanacaste, this family owned hotel encompasses lush tropical forests and offers traveller’s an authentic experience of Costa Rica’s culture and traditions. The ranch covers over 3400 acres of pastureland and tropical forest, allowing adventurers plenty of opportunities to explore and discover the beautiful scenery that surrounds this stunning hotel.
During your stay here you will have the opportunity to enjoy some of Costa Rican’s most incredible adventures at the hotel’s very own Adventure Centre. Activities include waterfall rappelling, river tubing, an archeology tour, and a one-of-a-kind canopy zip-line tour. Perhaps spend a day horseback riding to the Oropendula Waterfall, then finish your day at the Simbiosis Spa and Hot Springs. This hotel offers travellers an incredible opportunity to enjoy some of Costa Rica’s most incredible adventures with authenticity and sustainability at its heart. If Costa Rica is the place to visit, then the Hacienda Guachipelin is the place to stay.
With the privileged location at the foot of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Hacienda Guachipelin takes great care of the ranch and surrounding forest. Awarded the third level of Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT), the hotel follows a ‘farm-to-table’ philosophy, meaning they produce much of the food served on the ranch; what they don’t grow or raise themselves is bought from local, sustainable vendors.
The ranch also utilizes sustainable practices such as solar powered heaters, hiring local staff, using organic waste to feed farm animals, and recycling grey water for use in the gardens. Furthermore, the hotel engages in reforestation and conservation of native tree species, and does not interfere with wild animals or migration habits, prohibiting hunting on the ranch, and keeping natural forest corridors, meaning there is minimal impact of the wildlife of the surrounding areas. The Hacienda Guachipelin also works closely with local communities in social support programs to further its positive impact.
- Rate shown is a 'from' price per night (based on two sharing)
- Rates vary depending on the season and room type
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator about this hotel's availability, accommodation options and rates
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans in all guest rooms
- Private bathrooms with solar-heated hot water
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free entrance to Rio Negro Hot Springs for hotel guests
- Natural spring water swimming pool
- Adventure Center for adventure and nature tours, with photography and video services
- Free access to hiking trails and waterfalls
- Free parking
- Any services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly!