"Experience the Maasai Mara, the seventh natural wonder of the world!"
Travel back in time to a golden era, to discover the true spirit of ‘safari’. Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp brings the elegance, extravagance and style of the ‘Roaring Twenties’ right into modern times, giving guests the chance to enjoy a quintessential African safari experience, without cutting back on comfort. This timeless camp is situated in an exclusive, unspoiled concession that borders the Serengeti, Maasai Mara and Loliondo reserves, guaranteeing some truly unparalleled wildlife-watching opportunities as well as plenty of privacy. Surely there can be no better place to enjoy stunning sunsets over the vast, wildlife-rich plains of the Serengeti – sundowner in hand, of course!
Cottar’s Safari Camp consists of 10 luxuriously creamy canvas tents designed to cater for a range of travellers, from enamoured honeymooners to families with children. Each tent is equipped with a private veranda and an en-suite bathroom, with sophisticated antique furnishings adding a touch of class: it’s ‘safari chic’ like you’ve never experienced! Two ‘mess tent’ areas provide a perfect space to indulge in fine dining, reading, and socialising, whilst the pool and spa area is ideal for some rest and relaxation at the end of a day of adventure. The camp’s location makes it easy for guests to explore iconic wildlife reserves, on guided bush walks or classic game drives, and to enjoy meaningful cultural interactions with local Maasai communities, for an all-round enriching and unforgettable experience.
Cottar’s 1920s Safari camp has been recognised and awarded for its commitment to the ‘4Cs’: Conservation, Community, Culture, and Commerce. In recognition of the camp’s contribution to the global sustainability movement, it has been awarded ‘Global Ecosphere Retreat’ status, joining an exclusive group of just ten accredited properties in the world. If that wasn’t enough, the camp is also rated ‘Gold’ by the Ecotourism Society of Kenya, and has also been awarded the ‘Green Globe Award’ by the World Travel Market. Some pretty impressive eco-credentials! Here’s how the camp has achieved such wide acclaim…
Cottar’s own Wildlife Conservation Trust is actively engaged in protecting and preserving natural habitats and wildlife in the 6,000-acre conservancy that surrounds their site, helping to secure the area from poachers to protect a key migratory corridor within the Maasai Mara and Serengeti reserves. By working in partnership with the local community, the Cottar family hope to ensure the sustainable management of these precious ecosystems well into the future. The camp itself is situated on Maasai-owned land, and is therefore intrinsically connected to the local community; local people are employed at the camp, and Cottar’s also supports various community initiatives including a school and an ambulance service.
- The rate shown is a per night rate - click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly about availability and costs
- Price shown includes all statutory taxes (approx. 25%), inc. VAT
- All cancellations must be done in writing
- Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. In case of cancellation or reduction in numbers, the below charges will be levied as a percentage of the booking value:
- Between 60 & 45 days,15% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 44 & 30 days, 25% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 29 & 22days, 50% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 21 days & a ‘No Show’, 100% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Refunds: whilst the company uses its best endeavours to ensure that all anticipated accommodation is available as planned, there shall be no claim whatsoever against the company for a refund either in whole or apart, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable, or the passenger was unable to use this service.
- Full board accommodation
- Local drinks (including soft drinks, house wines, beers and selected spirits)
- Safari activities including day/night game drives and bush walks
- Cotta’s Maasai Warrior School (Kids’ entertainment program)
- Cottar’s private airstrip and Keekorok airstrip transfers
- 1 x 30 min complimentary massage (1 person only) per tent (applies to standard, honeymoon and family tent)
- 1 x 30 min complimentary massage (1 person only) per room (private house only)
- Transfers to cultural visits and limited laundry
- Certain drinks (including champagne, luxury wines and spirits)
- Conservancy fees
- Cultural village entry fee
- Massage and spa treatments
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Calvin Cottar as a private guide (can be arranged directly)
- One way transfers per vehicle (max 4 pax)
- Late departures (after 12h00)
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly, and to find out more about the optional extras listed here!