"This is true luxury: your own private home with the stunning views of the Maasia Mara!"
Picture the scene: you’re sitting on a private viewing deck, sipping a delicious sundowner outside your own luxury villa as you look out over Kenya’s vast savannah plains. Wildebeest roam freely, and the silence is only broken by the chirruping of crickets. All around you, the beautiful Olderikesi Hills roll, providing a picturesque backdrop to complete this perfect panorama. Step right into this dreamy scene with a stay at the wonderful Cottar’s Bush Villa, an exclusive homestead on the border of one of the Seven ‘Natural Wonders of the World’, the stunning Maasai Mara National Reserve.
You’ll enjoy an exceptionally high standard of service at the villa, with eight dedicated yet discrete staff on hand to attend to your every need. With the aid of a personal guide and wildlife-spotter, you can indulge in some truly unparalleled game viewing, on bush walks and night and day game drives in a private safari vehicle. At the end of each day, return to your 10,000 square-foot villa, which boasts a spacious living room, dining room, five en-suite bedrooms and a pool, as well as a spectacular viewing deck for you to fully take advantage of your astounding natural surroundings. If absolute privacy and exclusivity is what you’re looking for from your Kenyan safari experience, you can certainly find all this, and more, at Cottar’s Bush Villa.
Cottar’s 1920’s Safari camp has been recognised and awarded for its commitment to the ‘4Cs’: Conservation, Community, Culture, and Commerce. In recognition of the camp’s contribution to the global sustainability movement, it has been awarded ‘Global Ecosphere Retreat’ status, joining an exclusive group of just ten accredited properties in the world. If that wasn’t enough, the camp is also rated ‘Gold’ by the Ecotourism Society of Kenya, and has also been awarded the ‘Green Globe Award’ by the World Travel Market. Some pretty impressive eco-credentials! Here’s how the camp has achieved such wide acclaim…
Cottar’s own Wildlife Conservation Trust is actively engaged in protecting and preserving natural habitats and wildlife in the 6,000-acre conservancy that surrounds their site, helping to secure the area from poachers to protect a key migratory corridor within the Maasai Mara and Serengeti reserves. By working in partnership with the local community, the Cottar family hope to ensure the sustainable management of these precious ecosystems well into the future. The camp itself is situated on Maasai-owned land, and is therefore intrinsically connected to the local community; local people are employed at the camp, and Cottar’s also supports various community initiatives including a school and an ambulance service.
- The rate shown is a per night rate - click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly about availability and costs
- Price shown includes all statutory taxes (approx. 25%), inc. VAT
- All cancellations must be done in writing
- Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. In case of cancellation or reduction in numbers, the below charges will be levied as a percentage of the booking value:
- Between 60 & 45 days,15% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 44 & 30 days, 25% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 29 & 22days, 50% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Between 21 days & a ‘No Show’, 100% of the total cost is non-refundable
- Refunds: whilst the company uses its best endeavours to ensure that all anticipated accommodation is available as planned, there shall be no claim whatsoever against the company for a refund either in whole or apart, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable, or the passenger was unable to use this service.
- Full board accommodation
- Local drinks (including soft drinks, house wines, beers and selected spirits)
- Safari activities including day/night game drives and bush walks
- Cotta’s Maasai Warrior School (Kids’ entertainment program)
- Cottar’s private airstrip and Keekorok airstrip transfers
- 1 x 30 min complimentary massage (1 person only) per tent (applies to standard, honeymoon and family tent)
- 1 x 30 min complimentary massage (1 person only) per room (private house only)
- Transfers to cultural visits and limited laundry
- Certain drinks (including champagne, luxury wines and spirits)
- Conservancy fees
- Cultural village entry fee
- Massage and spa treatments
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Calvin Cottar as a private guide (can be arranged directly)
- One way transfers per vehicle (max 4 pax)
- Late departures (after 12h00)
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly, and to find out more about the optional extras listed here!