"A good trip is all about variety and the ability to pick and choose what you want out of it, Chaa Creek lodge spoils you for choice and for culture!"
Deep in the heart of the ancient Maya civilization, sits an eclectic group of residences that make up the Cha Creek reserve. There are a variety of accommodation options to choose from: spoil yourself by staying in one of the spa suites, specially catered to make you feel like a member of royalty, or soak up the tropical jungle ambience at one of three unique villas – The Belize Orchard, Belize Ix Chel, or Belize Spa. Alternatively, spend a stripped back holiday in the Macal Cottage, where you will be enthralled by stylish furnishings and interiors. With the overbearing Maya Mountains and the meandering Macal River nearby, guests can enjoy a unique vacation filled with colour, adventure and culture.
With countless tours at your disposal, you won’t experience a dull moment as you spend your time exploring ancient ruins, going birdwatching, and following nature trails through the forest. The peaceful resort serves as the perfect setting to enliven your body and mind. Waking up to the rustling sounds and animal calls of the jungle will create the illusion of leaving your old life behind and entering a whole new world, free from the constraints of reality. These lands possess a rich and vibrant history waiting to be discovered - and it’s all here, within your grasp.
Chaa Creek has changed the lives of not only its creators (two young adventurers with a dream of having guests stay on their farm), but also the hundreds of people who have worked at the resort. From its humble origins as a brambled orchard over thirty years ago, the lodge has since transformed into a 400-acre nature reserve, employing a team of 165 people. Chaa Creek's management have worked feverishly over the years to support the local community by providing jobs for the sons and daughters of the original Belizean employees. It's a family affair!
Not only does Chaa Creek provide valuable employment opportunities, but the lodge also supports local environmental and social programmes, donating 10% of all accommodation revenue to such initiatives. From a 'Neighbourhood Watch' scheme that helps local people to feel more secure, to anti-litter campaigns to keep the natural environment clean and trash-free, Chaa Creek has nature and the local people at the heart of its operations. Finally, the lodge helps to fund local education programs, allowing schools to extend full scholarships to twelve Belizean secondary level students every year. In recognition of its commitment to community engagement and participation, Chaa Creek has been named as a finalist in National Geographic's World Legacy Awards 2017!
- The rate shown is based on triple occupancy at the 'cottage collection'
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat with the operator for full availability and price information
- Rates are not inclusive of 9% Hotel Tax and 12% Service Charge
- Entry into 400-acre rainforest reserve
- Guided tour of natural history centre and Butterfly exhibit
- Guided interpretive tour of Maya medicinal plant trail
- Access to 'ruta Maya' trail system
- Canoeing on the Macal River
- Swimming in eco-friendly swimming pool
- Early morning bird walk accompanied by a Naturalist Guide
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly!