“Your family and other animals – get up close with nature in the backwaters of Goa!”
If you’ve held a yearning to try the Durrell family life, then this could be the chance. Get to know Max, Shibu, Laku and Athina the four resident dogs, Mantra the donkey, the three cats Richard Parker, Silke and Fluffy and last but no means least Lily the goat!
A delightful home-stay experience in Goa with home-cooked, locally sourced food. Enjoy mealtimes with hosts Savio and Pirkko, two children and their three dogs, donkey, cat and two goats! Natural rustic cottages with open-air bathrooms allow you to birdwatch as you shower! Set in the backyards amongst coconut groves and paddy fields, this idyllic boutique setting has a swimming pool, nearby lake and all necessary mod-cons: safe, tea/coffee maker, bar and Wi-fi in the dining area.
Nothing goes to waste in this typical Goan casa. Bio waste products are used for agriculture, organic waste composted, no chemical fertilizers used and alternative energy resources like eco-friendly lighting and solar panels offer reduced oil/gas carbon emissions. Water conservation and recycling are used wherever possible, plus only bio-degradable cleaning agents used. Refresh your inner ecology learning about local wildlife conservation, or take up the offer of consultancy on bio farming. Accommodation is made from reclamation building materials and renewable natural furnishings. The delicious food is all sourced locally and employment offered to local people with training in green practices.
- Rate shown is based on single occupancy for the low season
- Please note that there are animals at this property, so guests should be comfortable with animals
- Refund policy: 80% refund available until 30 days prior to check-in; 50% refund available 15 days prior to check-in; 25% refund available 6 days prior to check-in; within 5 days of check-in there will be no refund.
- In-house activities
- Meals apart from breakfast
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions