"Relieve stress in the thermal baths of Spain's first Biohotel, then bask in the culture of Barcelona!"
Welcome to Spain’s first ‘Biohotel’. Situated 20 minutes from Catalonia’s capital, Barcelona, the Mas Salagros Ecoresort & AIRE Ancient Baths 5* offers a tranquil retreat from the tensions and stresses of modern life. Situated in the quaint Roman village of Vallromanes (literally ‘Valley of the Romans’), a key attraction of the Ecoresort is its ancient Roman baths. Bathe your worries away as you enjoy picturesque landscapes of the idyllic surrounding valley. The hotel boasts two organic restaurants, ‘Gastronomical Restaurant 1497’ and ‘La Granja Salagros’, where guests can enjoy regional and Mediterranean cuisine.
Guests are free to utilise the hotel’s lounge bar, gym and swimming pool as well as the thermal baths. There is also a naturalised lake, private forest area and farm with animals and organic vegetables. You can choose to embark on numerous excursions to the centre of Barcelona and beyond. Highlights include trekking to the mountain monastery of Montserrat, skiing in Andorra, horse-back riding at Don Caballo and sailing in the marina of El Masnou. Also available are Segway and wine tours, although it’s probably not advisable to combine the two…
The Mas Salagros Ecoresort has been developed with sustainability in mind, even down to the finest details such as ecologically certified mattresses and spa treatments. The south-facing buildings allow for maximum thermal attainment in winter, while the use of wooden pergolas and canopies mean that the heat in summer is not unbearable. This Biohotel uses natural materials for insulation (such as hemp, cellulose and cork), and the stylish décor is finished using ecological paint and ‘noble materials’ including ceramics and wood. The resort’s fuel comes from wood splinters sourced from sustainably managed Catalonian forests.
The hotel’s authentic ecological farm includes vegetable gardens and animals, and guests can attend workshops on organic cooking. The produce cultivated on the farm is transformed into delicious cuisine by chefs in the hotel’s gastronomical restaurants. Finally, the resort’s thermal bathhouse is a restored farm building, or ‘masía’. To complete this ambitious restoration, recycled materials including stone, wooden beams and Arabic tiles were used to great effect.
- Rate shown is a 'from' price per night (based on a stay during the low season)
- Rates vary depending on the season
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this hotel's accommodation options, availability and rates
- Please note that access to Aire Vallromanes Ancient Bath is included, but guests should check availability in advance - simply click 'Ask a Question' up above to ask the operator about this.
- The maximum stay at this property is 7 nights
- 10% VAT taxes
- Access to Aire Vallromanes Ancient Bath (1 per person per night, adults only)
- Meals (apart from breakfast)
- Tourist tax (approximately £2.15 per person per night)
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator!