"Nothofagus emerges from the temperate rainforests of southern Chile as if from some ancient forest kingdom..."
The Nothofagus is a southern beech tree native to Chile. It’s also the name given to a strange and fantastical hotel that can be found deep within the temperate Patagonian rainforest. Situated within the vast Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve, Nothofagus brings guests back to the wonderful simplicity of nature; constructed entirely of wood, and even boasting an indoor waterfall in the lobby, the seven-story ‘treehouse’ offers breathtaking views out across the forest canopy. Each of the hotel’s guest rooms spiral up towards the sky around a centralised atrium, and comes complete with an en-suite bathroom, rustic wooden furnishings, and a comfortable bed. For a touch more luxury, choose a Superior Room with a private balcony offering stunning panoramic views of the forest.
The Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve is part of a unique and relatively unexplored ecosystem, deep within the Chilean Patagonian Rainforest. The reserve is one of the few places on earth with a biologically, ecologically and globally important temperate rainforest ecosystem – travellers are encouraged to respect the area’s natural rhythms, rare habitats and endangered species, so that future generations can continue to enjoy this beautiful world heritage area. The Huilo Huilo project’s scientific research and the conservation work being done in the area have received international attention and acclaim; one flagship project is the protection of the Huemul deer, a national symbol in danger of extinction. The project has helped to breed the species within a controlled environment, helping to ensure its long-term survival.
The Huilo Huilo Foundation aims to develop flora and fauna conservation projects in the area, involving local communities and entrepreneurs and taking a collaborative and inclusive approach to ensure the project’s success. As the Huilo Huilo project has grown and developed, so too have local communities. The project works alongside an extensive network of public and private collaborators, all committed to conserving the area’s natural and cultural sustainability. By adopting an inclusive approach when developing the area as a sustainable ecotourism destination, local communities are able to benefit and take ownership of the project.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night (based on double occupancy during the low season)
- Rates vary depending on the season
- Click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability, package options, and rates
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am
- Children aged between 0 and 5 years stay for free
- 6 to 12-year-olds sharing a room with parents receive a 50% discount (subject to room capacity).
- Welcome drink
- Tickets for self-guided activities
- Use of the Spa facilities (heated pool, cold, wet and dry sauna, relaxation room with infrared)
- WIFI in common areas
- Any services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!