"Get back to nature with these elegant, comfortable, and low-impact yurts."
Yurts, circular dwellings originating in central Asia, have been used for millennia; once you’ve stayed in one you’ll never look at a pop-up tent in the same way again. With a spacious 16-foot diameter and a roof high enough to allow you to stand up when inside, the days of desperately avoiding wet tent walls are long gone. Situated in the Lake District’s beautiful Borrowdale Valley and with easy access to excellent walking trails, Inside Out Camping has six yurts. Each is fitted out with kitchen equipment and a toasty wood-burning stove and is furnished with a Moroccan-style wool rug and comfortable futon beds.
Four of the yurts are located in a secluded part of the Borrowdale Valley at Hollow Farm, just five miles from Keswick at the valley’s head. This working hill-farm snuggles amongst some of the Lake District’s most picturesque scenery - with woodlands, mountains and the River Derwent to explore, the location is ideal for walking, climbing, canoeing, biking or simply relaxing. A further two campsites are situated at Seatoller Farm at the bottom of the valley, providing good access to walks into the high Lakeland hills. Experience the best of the great outdoors, exploring the stunning Lake District by day and returning to your very own comfortable and stylish yurt at night!
Inside Out Camping believes firmly in ‘low-impact living’, encouraging guests to get back to nature with a comfortable, stylish and responsible Lake District holiday. Their six yurts are designed to seamlessly blend into the natural environment, with thick poly-cotton canvas outside covers that are light and neutral in colour so as not to appear at odds with the natural surroundings. Internally, the yurts’ frames are made from wood (ash and oak), and are robust enough to cope with the often blustery British weather whilst also being aesthetically pleasing. Again, as a natural material, these wooden structures give a natural feeling.
Inside Out Camping aims to operate in as environmentally-friendly a way as possible, using ‘green’ off-grid solar power for lighting. The yurts are fitted with wood-burners to provide heat in chillier nights, which are fed using locally-sourced waste wood product. Inside Out also uses local suppliers for its laundry services and second-hand furniture, thereby helping to support its community and local businesses in the area. Finally, Inside Out also supports local farms in the valley by working in partnership with the National Trust; both campsites are based on land owned by National Trust tenant farmers. Operating in this way benefits everyone: the farmers get an alternative income-stream, the economy in the wider area is boosted by tourism and Inside Out Camping is able to operate!
- The rate shown is a per night rate, based on a 7-night off-peak stay
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly about prices and availability
- Whilst dogs are welcome, this should be pre-arranged with the operator
- Due to the nature of the site bookings for stag/hen parties unfortunately cannot be accepted
- Please note that, once a booking has been confirmed, the hirer is liable for the whole cost of the holiday. Cancellation and curtailment protection insurance is, therefore, advised. It is currently possible to get cover for cancellation for as little as £15 (family of 4). Click 'Ask a Question' for more information.
- Bedding (pillows , sheets, duvets and covers) is provided
- Fully equipped and functional kitchen
- Games chest
- Wood burning stove with hot-plate
- Comfortable futon-style beds
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly!