"Spend two weeks exploring four incredible African countries as a great taster of just some of Africa’s diverse landscapes!"
Spend two weeks exploring four incredible African countries, starting in Pretoria and ending up in Livingstone. Head to Swaziland, one of the smallest countries in Africa, and learn about the cultures which define it, then spot herds of zebra and families of lions stalking the plains in Kruger National Park and walk with endangered rhinos from Bulawayo. It’s a great taster of just some of Africa’s diverse landscapes and cultures and you’ll lay down your head in some unique eco-friendly hotels as well as spending a couple of nights under canvas - the eco-adventure of a lifetime.
Tucan Travel minimises the carbon footprint of this tour, travelling by overland truck and using long range fuel tanks to reduce emissions. Accommodation is in small, locally owned hotels and guesthouses, contributing to the local economy, and Tucan Travel works only with businesses supportive of its sustainability and responsible travel policies. Guests are encouraged to opt in to a carbon offset scheme to reduce the impact of their travel to South Africa and all of the wildlife experiences offered by the company are designed to benefit both the animals and the people who depend on them for a living.
Pretoria: There are no organised activities on the first day of the tour, and you’re welcome to explore Pretoria and the surrounding area.
Mlilwane: Saying goodbye to South Africa temporarily, you’ll head into The Kingdom of Swaziland which is Africa’s smallest country. There are plenty of activities on offer, from a relaxed stroll around Milwane Wildlife Sanctuary to adrenaline-fuelled zip-lining adventures.
Hazyview: On the way to Kruger National Park you’ll stop overnight at Hazyview, a town in South Africa’s Mpmalanga province. En route there, your guide will take you via the Blade Dam Loop, where you’ll find verdant scenery and a spectacular canyon.
Kruger National Park: Staying in one of South Africa’s best nature reserves under canvas is the experience of a lifetime, and you’ll have chances to spot Africa’s big five game animals and plenty more besides.
Tshipise: Spend the day unwinding in the provincial town of Musina close to the border with Zimbabwe after an action packed couple of days of safari action.
Bulawayo: The town of Bulawayo will be your base for exploring Matobo National Park, a protection zone in which a large population of black and white rhinoceros are successfully breeding. A full day excursion involves getting up close to the rhinoceros population on foot, learning about the local flora and fauna and admiring unique rock formations and impressive Bushman paintings.
Victoria Falls: Check out one of Africa’s biggest attractions and one of the world’s most spectacular waterfalls - Victoria Falls. The waterfall defines the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, and you’ll have the opportunity to see it from both sides.
Livingstone: Named after legendary Scottish explorer David Livingstone, the town of Livingstone offers all sorts of optional activities, including horse riding, white-water rafting and much more. If you’re after something more relaxed, a gentle stroll around the local craft markets to pick up some souvenirs might be more your pace.
Depart Livingstone: The tour concludes - if you have booked post-tour accommodation or have late flights, you’ll have a little more time to explore the local area.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per person
- Click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly about this tour's availability, departure dates, and prices
- Full Game Drive in Kruger National Park from the Tucan Travel truck
- Full day excursion in Matobo National Park
- Entrance to Victoria Falls from the Zambia side
- Breakfasts, plus some lunches and dinners
- Travel by Tucan Travel Expedition Vehicle, taxi, on foot, 4WD
- Services of a tour leader and driver
- International flights and departure taxes
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items and single rooms.
- Spending money – budget for meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras
- Optional excursions - click 'Ask a Question' to find out more!
- Airport transfers and pre- and post-tour accommodation
- A local payment of approximately £280 is not included in the price - click 'Ask a Question' to find out more about this