"Your chance to visit the World Heritage-listed Springbrook National Park, surrounded by nature, perfect for a romantic getaway!"
Described by Ecotourism Australia as ‘arguably the most unique rainforest resort of its type in Australia’, The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat offers a truly enchanting rainforest experience. Each of the resort’s 13 wooden chalets is named after a different character from the fairy tale Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs; from ‘Prince Charming’ to ‘Sleepy’, each chalet is located within its own private piece of rainforest, and is imbued with its own unique ‘personality’ and charm. The resort itself is set within a World Heritage listed rainforest, where the beauty of towering trees, and the soothing sounds of native birdsong and bubbling brooks will take your breath away.
As soon as you’ve arrived, you’ll feel instantly at home in your cosy and intimate chalet; any stresses will immediately begin to drain away, to be replaced instead with a sense of peace and tranquillity. Perfect for couples, honeymooners and nature-lovers alike, you’ll be ideally placed to explore stunning Springbrook National Park. Trek through the bush, cross ‘natural bridges’ and discover fantastic lookout points deep within the forest as you explore your wonderful natural surroundings. After a day’s adventure, return to your private chalet, light up the fire, and relax in your indulgent massaging Spa bath as you look out over the rainforest.
The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat aims to provide its guests with the ultimate rainforest experience, whilst also preserving the surrounding natural environment that makes the resort so uniquely special. The resort strives to achieve sustainability through introducing and operating various micro-initiatives including dual flush toilets, energy and water-efficient shower-heads, and modern energy-saving equipment like roof, floor and wall insulation. Guests are educated on the importance of efficient energy and water usage, and The Mouses House aims to ‘green the supply chain’ to ensure that all of its products are ethically-sourced.
In recognition of their efforts in the field of sustainability, The Mouses House has been certified by Ecotourism Australia, and has also achieved ‘Silver’ level as part of TripAdvisor’s GreenLeaders programme. Each of the resort’s 13 private rainforest chalets are inter-linked through a connecting wooden boardwalk system; this system, that passes over the land and streams, helps to protect the natural environment by minimising soil erosion and by providing a means of escape for wildlife such as the native land mullet and other ground-dwelling birds. The company’s mission statement makes reference to the importance of preserving the rainforest ‘for generations to come’ – since the rainforest is, quite literally, at the heart of The Mouses House, its protections is obviously of paramount importance!
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night, mid-week (based on double occupancy in a Rainforest Chalet)
- Package stays are available
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's accommodation options, packages, availability and rates
- Normal arrival time is 14:00, with departure before 11:00
- Fully self contained cedar wood chalet with leather lounge suite
- Modern fully self-contained kitchen (with dishwasher, oven and microwave, stainless steel appliances, salt and pepper grinders)
- Bathrobes and eco toiletries
- Fireplace with all your hard wood supplied
- High-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
- Complimentary use of your chalet's iPad mini during your stay
- Triangle massaging Spa Bath for two persons with views into the rainforest
- Digital in-room Safe with pin and/or credit card locking system
- Covered patio with Webber BBQ set in the beautiful rainforest
- Any services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly!