"Make your dreams come true and get paid to travel! Train and gain qualifications in a stunning beach paradise"
For many travellers, the idea that you could actually get paid to travel is an impossible dream. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Teaching English abroad is a great way to see the world, without spending the earth. Earning an accredited Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualification can open plenty of doors all across the globe, so why not make the dream a reality? Learn how to teach, and gain full TEFL training and certification as well as plenty of classroom experience, in a stunning Costa Rican jungle paradise location. You’ll receive full assistance throughout the course, as well as support in finding a paid placement afterwards!
The training focuses on giving you hands-on teaching experience; with more than 60 hours of teaching time in total, you’ll gain plenty of classroom confidence! Learn how to teach speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar, with modules focusing on classroom management, lesson planning and learning styles, amongst others. Of course, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to put what you’ve learned into practice, and get helpful feedback! Whilst training, there’s the added bonus of staying at a beautiful beach location. Once you’ve finished training for the day, why not relax in a hammock with the shimmering Pacific Ocean in the background, or discover Costa Rica’s lush tropical jungles and fantastic wildlife with a canopy zip-line tour?
Global Nomadic provides meaningful volunteering experiences and internship placements in a number of different fields, including education. By pairing prospective volunteers with worthwhile organisations worldwide, Global Nomadic allows travellers to gain invaluable work experience whilst also making a positive impact in their destination country. The company only selects high-quality and reputable projects and, unlike other providers, visits each project site in person. Global Nomadic believes that volunteering should be a mutually advantageous experience, in which both the volunteer and the project benefit.
On this TEFL Training and Paid Teaching placement, travellers gain accredited certification, gaining valuable skills whilst also helping to provide local school children and adults in Costa Rica with the opportunity to learn English and secure a brighter future. The course offered on this programme is run by a local non-profit organisation which provides free English classes for both adult learners and children whose elementary schools that cannot afford to hire full-time English teachers. By choosing to earn TEFL certification in a community like this one, travellers not only gain teaching skills and enhance their own employability, but they also help Costa Rican children and adults alike to develop English language skills.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per person, based on an 8-week stay (which is the minimum commitment unless you are already TEFL certified)
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator about full project dates, costs and requirements
- A 20% deposit ($640 or approximately £515) will be required to confirm your place on the project. The balance will be due 4 weeks prior to your departure.
- 4 weeks training (including accommodation and access to shared kitchen - private accommodation options are also available - click 'Ask a Question' up above for info)
- 4 weeks classroom experience at a nearby school
- Cultural immersion
- TEFL qualification and certificate
- Airport pickup
- In-country support
- Full assistance in finding paid placement upon completion of the training
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat directly to the operator for support in arranging these
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions