"Find your way back to nature in this secluded Welsh forest. Enjoy Reiki, watch the stars, then fall asleep to the sound of a crackling log fire."
Escape the problems and stresses of millennial life and hide away where nobody will think to look for you – the heart of the Welsh mountains. Cut off from the technological world, you can finally sit back, relax and immerse yourself in the beauty of the natural Welsh landscape. And you can do this all from the comfort of one of the most luxuriously furnished, spacious tipis or yurts you could imagine. Deep in the Dyfi Forest you can disconnect from social media and reconnect with your family in one of the UK’s largest forests. This eco break offers you the chance to return to the wilderness of nature without sacrificing your creature comforts.
Explore the wild Welsh landscape whilst staying in a yurt – a circular canvas tent (designed to withstand the Welsh weather), or an individually-furnished tipi. This retreat offers holistic therapies and twilight meditation sessions so you can really reconnect with yourself as you let the stresses of modern life leave your body. Relight your fire in your personal tipi and snuggle up in front of the wood burning chiminea. Alternatively, choose between a meadow yurt - ideal for families, or a river yurt and relax to the sound of natural running water. With this eco retreat you can get back to basics as you enjoy a tranquil break in nature.
Dedicated to maintaining its magical natural setting, Eco Retreats promises to strike a balance between providing an outstanding stay and ensuring the land remains unharmed. To ensure that the environment is sustained to the highest possible standard, they do not supply electricity or Wi-Fi; this means that you’ll awaken naturally with the light and, as darkness falls, the beauty of the twinkling night sky will be accentuated rather than polluted by artificial light sources. A stay at this retreat helps to increase environmental awareness about the ways in which we can live more sustainably. It’s your chance to ‘get back to basics’!
With a range of organic and Fairtrade products, all included in the full package, this retreat allows you to return to nature without causing harm to the surrounding area. Not only are the products ethically sourced, the retreat’s water is sourced from a local spring, providing you with a true taste of Wales! The Eco Retreat family ensure that the site remains unharmed, allowing the land to recover over the winter by removing the structures; the impermanence of the structures helps ensure a minimal environmental impact, so that the land that's provided so many guests with phenomenal breaks can take its turn to recover from a hard working season!
- Price shown is a Tipi mid-week off-peak rate, based on double occupancy
- Rates vary depending on accommodation style (Tipi, River Yurt, or Meadow Yurt) and length of stay. Peak and off-peak rates apply
- Please also note that there is a minimum two-night stay
- Longer stays are possible – extra nights are charged at £70 per night
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat directly with the operator about accommodation options, availability and rates
- Usual arrival days are Monday, Wednesday or Friday. It is possible to arrive on other days but there is normally a surcharge of £30
- Weekend rates apply for any stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night
- Peak mid-week dates for 2017 will be 29th May - 2nd June and 21st July - 1st September
- Cancellations up to 21 days before date of stay are entitled to a partial refund (click 'Ask a Question' for details). Eco Retreats cannot guarantee any refund for cancellations less than 21 days before a stay but will do their best to either arrange a different date or offer a refund if they are able to sell the slot.
- Wood and kindling for the fire for your stay
- All bedding for the double bed
- Kitchen supplies (including tea towels, fair trade and organic tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, salt and pepper, matches and firelighters)
- Washing up liquid, hand soap and shampoo
- Healing Session (one hour usually shared between two): £50
- Evening Meditation: £40
- Organic Welcome Hamper (wine, biscuits, pasta and pasta sauce): £20