"Truly immerse yourself in some of Costa Rica’s most stunning scenery at the Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge"
Lose yourself in nature at the incredible Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge. This beautiful getaway is only accessible by boat, and offers every kind of adventure, including kayaking, fishing, rainforest hiking, and yoga. The pristine Golfo Dulce offers breathtaking views of the Pacific Coast, and gives travellers the chance to see some of the world’s most beautiful creatures, including toucans, monkeys, iguanas and dolphins.
The lodge offers its guests unlimited use of all adventurer necessities, from snorkelling and paddle-boarding gear, to hiking boots and fishing lines; with 165 acres of land to explore, travellers will always have something new and exciting to discover and enjoy. Stay in the main lodge overlooking the rainforest, or enjoy the peace and tranquility of your own jungle cabin. The lodge's tree-house style restaurant overlooks the canopy and serves freshly caught fish and local produce, all to make your time at the hotel an authentic Costa Rican experience.
The Certificate for Sustainable Tourism is a globally recognized program sponsored by the Costa Rica Tourism Board. The systems categorises and certifies tourism companies on a scale from one to five leaves, according to the degree to which its operations contribute to a model of sustainability (five being the most sustainable). Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge has been awarded the highest rating - 5 leaves - for sustainability by the Costa Rica government's Tourism Board.
The Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge has engaged in sustainable practices since its beginnings. Construction was completed by local labourers, using mostly naturally fallen wood and recycled materials. The lodge's electricity is sourced by solar energy and they consistently recycle glass, plastics, paper and aluminium. Tours and activities are conducted in the most environmentally friendly manner and meals at the lodge focus on regional and national cuisine using many ingredients grown locally, if not at the lodge itself. Finally, the lodge has in place a community outreach program to work with local communities and schools to encourage sustainability in their beautiful landscape.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night, based on triple occupancy in the Mango Guest House Room (during the 'Green Season')
- Rates are seasonal
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability, accommodation options and rates
- Please note that the transfer boat cannot pick up or drop off guests any later than 15.00 (November – April) and 14:00 (May – September) due to the water conditions. Please plan your travel accordingly, and click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator
- This lodge is not recommended for children under 6
- There is a two-night minimum stay during the High and Green Seasons, and a four-night minimum stay during Christmas and New Years.
- Boat transfers
- Three meals per day
- Unlimited self-guided hikes
- Use of kayaks, snorkelling and fishing equipment
- Guided tours and adventure activities (available for an additional fee)
- Yoga and massages
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!