"An elegant studio apartment nestled amongst the wild landscapes of the Scottish highlands."
Have your breath taken away as you enjoy the outstanding beauty and wild Scottish landscapes that surrounds John O’Groats, all from the comfort of this luxury 1-bedroom studio apartment. Originally built in 1875, the historic Inn at John O’Groats has been lovingly restored to provide a dramatic splash of colour to contrast against the coastal landscape. A welcome hamper containing delicious local produce awaits you when you walk through the door into a modern and stylish apartment that overlooks some of Scotland’s most dramatic sites.
The apartment features a modern living and sleeping area, a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom, and plenty of windows to enjoy the far-reaching views of the coast. All furniture is locally sourced and the on-site Storehouse Café houses the best local produce and wine, meaning you don’t have to travel far to enjoy yourself. The area is awash with things to do: why not enjoy a guided walk, or a visit to the infamous Journey’s End signpost? With a name far bigger than the village itself, John O’Groats is a fantastic, unspoilt location from which you can enjoy the wonderful landscape and wildlife that is so special to the area.
Natural Retreats pride themselves on offering the balance between luxury and sustainability. Each of their properties is developed to fit in with both the surrounding natural landscape and ecological constraints. Using clever design, each property also attempts to maximise natural light and warmth in order to minimise energy consumption. Each of Natural Retreats' destinations offers local produce on the doorstep, as well as locally sourced furniture and fittings, in order to support local communities and economies.
The Natural Retreats residences are constructed (in part) using Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) sourced timber, meaning the use of concrete is minimal. They also have selected a super-efficient dual rate domestic hot water and heating system, which is able to utilise the extra heat from gases that would otherwise be wasted. Furthermore, to meet the company’s energy efficiency targets, each development is insulated to a higher standard than current building regulations. Currently, the practice is to use reconstituted glass fibre for wall cavity insulation. It is generally regarded to be next to sheep’s wool in thermal capacity!
- The 'from' price shown is a per-night rate
- The rate shown is for a self-catering stay, but lunch bookings can be arranged
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability and rates
- This property sleeps two
- Complimentary Welcome Hamper containing delicious local produce and a bottle of wine
- Kitchen facilities (cooker, coffee maker, utensils, toaster, microwave and kettle)
- All linen and towels
- Cots, high-chairs and sterilizers available on request (click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator about this)
- Welcome Hamper containing delicious local produce and a bottle of wine
- Cot linen
- Any services or activities not mentioned in inclusions