"Snorkel in the depths of the Great Barrier Reef and take in the astonishing marine life before returning to an ecologically empowered resort!"
Located on a coral cay at the southern tip of the vibrant Great Barrier Reef, this eco-resort is a paradise for nature lovers – especially fans of marine life! Lady Elliot Island lies within a Marine National Park 'Green Zone' and is teeming with undisturbed and diverse wildlife. Lady Elliot Eco Resort provides the perfect base for your stay in this magnificent location. There are five different types of accommodation offering something for everyone, including Reef Units boasting polished timber floors, low-key but comfortable Eco Cabins, and beach-front Island Suites.
Activities available on this island are as diverse as the wildlife of the Great Barrier Reef! The resort's energetic Activities team are on hand to detail the range of free activities on offer: diving and snorkelling are two of the most popular activities on the island – for reasons that will become clear when you get to experience the breath-taking coral reef system. These are easily accessible from the myriad of dive spots available at the island. Wonder at the world's largest natural aquarium, with schools of fish, dolphins and manta rays all swimming alongside you! Additionally, the Resort offers beach volleyball, tennis and a pool table if you want a change from the water-based fun!
There are over 1,200 species of marine life around the island, including whales, dolphins, sea turtles, clownfish and over 700 manta rays. The resort is taking part in a huge multi-disciplinary research program called 'Project Manta' (based at the University of Queensland in Brisbane), which was founded in 2007 to investigate the population biology and ecology of manta rays in Eastern Australia. The Resort helps to photograph the manta rays and differentiate between their ventral markings (their version of human fingerprints). This is contributing a great deal towards increasing understanding of the manta ray's, which will in turn help protect the species.
The Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort has a clear vision: to maintain the pristine and tranquil beauty of the island on which it rests. They have laid out a series of goals to ensure they honour this responsibility. The first is to maintain the environment to a standard equal or better to legislative guidelines via their 'Environmental Management System' (EMS), which undergoes regular review. Other goals include educating their staff to ensure they have a definitive knowledge of the EMS, educating guests about fragile reef eco-systems, and conducting research that will help minimise and ultimately remove any ecological impact the resort and guests could have on the island.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night (based on two adults sharing an Eco Cabin during the low season)
- Rates vary depending on the season
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about accommodation options, availability and rates
- If you have any special dietary requirements, including food allergies, please state this when enquiring/booking
- For any special requests, simply click 'Ask a Question' to speak to the operator directly!
- Full buffet breakfast and dinner daily
- One free glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour per person
- Free use of snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Snorkel lesson (if required)
- Range of complimentary Island activities/tours
- Environmental management charge
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!