"This rainforest lodge in Belize offers the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation, as guests can explore the jungle and relax along the river Moho."
Fancy waking up to the sounds of birds and the chattering of monkeys? Well, at the Cotton Tree Lodge in Belize you can do just that. Under the shade of a giant cotton tree, beside a peaceful flowing river, this jungle lodge is the perfect place to get in touch with all the nature and adventure that Central America has to offer. For animal spotters, choose the Jungle Cabana with a balcony where you can often see howler monkeys and exotic birds. Want a change? Sleep on water in the Boat Cabana, which has a 360-degree view of the jungle. Large families can easily interconnect rooms together, or for an intimate escape, the honeymoon suite has its own private Jacuzzi. You may be in the jungle, but never fear, there’s WiFi, ceiling fans and even a gift shop!
Although the peaceful vibe may create the impression that you’re in the middle of nowhere, there is no risk of getting bored. If you’re after action, the lodge offers a huge range of tours and group activities, such as adrenaline-racing kayaking, thrilling caving tours or more chilled out horseback riding. But it’s not all about the adrenaline junkies. Get in touch with Belizean culture by visiting a local cacao farm, trying out a Creole drumming class or fishing with locals on the River Moho. Spend your evenings enjoying four-course meals with other guests and sipping cocktails under the starry sky.
Deforestation is a real threat to the fantastic wildlife and nature of Belize. To combat this, the Cotton Tree Lodge works with Sustainable Harvest International to implement a reforestation program, planting various different types of trees around the property to replace those that have been farmed or burnt. Sustainable Harvest International is a non-profit organisation that works with farmers across Central America, teaching them sustainable farming practices to tackle the deforestation crisis. There's also the chance for guests to spend a day or two volunteering in the local communities for Sustainable Harvest.
As well as volunteering with the local communities, guests are welcome to donate to local schools, who are always keen for pens, pencils and other school supplies. You can even arrange in advance to drop off your donation personally at the school and get a glimpse of the impact Cotton Tree Lodge is having on the local community. The lodge also hosts farming workshops in the organic demonstration garden, which doubles up as a means of providing fresh fruit and vegetable for the restaurant! In addition to these programs, the lodge implements many different sustainable practices to ensure that tourists exploring the beauty of Belize make as little impact as possible.
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per night (based on single occupancy during the low season)
- Rates vary depending on the season
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator directly about this lodge's availability, accommodation options and rates
- Please note that this lodge is closed between July and October, re-opening in November
- Refund policy: 80% refund available until 30 days prior to check-in; 50% refund available 15 days prior to check-in; 25% refund available 6 days prior to check-in; within 5 days of check-in there will be no refund.
- Ground transfers between Punta Gorda and the lodge
- All meals
- Most onsite activities
- Off-site tours (can be booked onsite)
- Taxes (21%)
- Service charge (tips)
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator!