"A wildlife lovers fantasy, it's got it all and this is your chance to see it all! If you're into photography then this is really you're dream come true!"
Costa Rica is truly a wildlife hotspot, making this adventure perfect for those who love nature. Start your trip in San José, the capital of the country, before you move deeper into the forest to experience Costa Rica’s wild side. Afterwards you will head down to the coast - having access to your own 4x4 means you can spend some time cruising round and exploring the area at your own pace, as well as having the chance to visit some of the country's highlights including the Arenal Volcano and Monteverde. Each night will be spent in a comfortable, local hotel.
A tour of the Arenal volcano will not only leave you marvelling at the power of nature but will also see you flying through trees on a zip-line and swinging through the canopy on hanging bridges. Roam into the heart of the forest as you visit the Monteverde Biological Reserve, which conceals an incredible range of animal and plant species alike. Next, ride down to Manuel Antonio where you will have three days to explore the National Park, including tours and the chance to go to the beach. On your last full day you will get to spend some tranquil time on the beach enjoying the chance to soak up a few more rays.
Travelling with the company Asuaire leaves you safe in the knowledge that your trip to Costa Rica will be carried out in the most sustainable fashion. They are involved in several programmes, all of which aim to enhance their tours’ sustainability, including the CTS (Certification of Tourism Sustainability) and the Blue Flag Ecology Programme. The goal is to protect the natural environment whilst also educating people about sustainable practices. Asuaire is proud of the fact that it is a carbon neutral company and only uses suppliers that have the best sustainability practices and a strong sense of their own social responsibility.
Asuaire has several sustainability programmes, each designed to lessen the demand for precious resources like water and energy, as well as reduce wastage. Separating waste means that recycling can be carried out more efficiently, and the use of natural and LED lighting in offices has meant the company has become more environmentally friendly. Toilets have been replaced with ones which use less water when flushed, and an air system is in place instead of faucets. The company also educates their employees about the best sustainability practices. Finally, Asuaire is involved with several community initiatives, including planting native trees to help reforest natural areas.
Arrivals day: Land at San José where you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to your hotel. You will be provided with a fully insured 4x4 Daihatsu Bego or another similar model. Spend time exploring and settling into the hotel and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
Arenal Volcano: After a two hour journey you’ll reach the impressive Arenal Volcano. You will have free time to explore this magical location, and the more adventurous can clamber across hanging bridges or zoom through the trees on zip lines. However, if you are seeking a more calming experience, why not go for a relaxing dip in the hot springs? In the evening enjoy dinner at the Hotel Volcano Lodge which will be your accommodation for the next two nights.
Arenal: After breakfast you will have this day free to explore the area at your own pace.
Monteverde: Head to the Monteverde Biological Reserve to witness the incredible range of species which can be found in the area. On day 5 visit some of the nature reserves, sneak a peek at some of the frog ponds, and spend some more time enjoying the hanging bridges and zip lines.
Manuel Antonio: Travel to the Manuel Antonio area, which is well known for its national park. Tour through this stunning location, and relax on beautiful golden beaches. These three nights will be spent in the Hotel El Parador, where breakfast will be provided.
San José: Spend the morning relaxing on the beach before returning to San José in the afternoon. Tonight’s hotel will be the Hotel Wyndham Escazú, and again breakfast is included.
Final Day: Today you will depart from Costa Rica and either head back home or continue travelling.
- Price shown is based on double occupancy (2 adults sharing) during the low season
- Click 'Ask a Question' to find out more about this tour's departure dates and costs
- Price shown is with taxes included
- Prices may change due to rate change from Asuaire's providers or lack of availability where a change could imply an extra cost
- Asuaire's cancellation policies are aligned by their providers' policies. For non-peak season bookings travelers get a full refund 20 days before the trip, except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation. For cancellations during Christmas, New Year's and Holly Week, 40 days before arrival travelers will get a refund except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation.
- 9 x nights of lodging with breakfast included
- Daihatsu Bego 4×4 for 9 days (with full cover insurance)
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat to the operator directly!