"Be a source of motivation for young people working in a cooperative community just outside Buenos Aires."
This is your chance to be a source of motivation for young people as you work in a cooperative community two hours outside of Buenos Aires. The Pacheco Community Center is a collaborative project uniting local youth with community groups and international volunteers in their desire to promote sustainable practices in Argentina. Sadly, many young people in the area are forced to leave school to help provide for their families. As a volunteer you will get your hands dirty teaching gardening and landscaping which allows these young people to learn a trade while also gaining confidence. In your down time, join a class or event at the Community Center, hang out in the bright and sunny Volunteer House, cool off in the pool, or just chill in the beautiful garden.
Young people between the ages of 18 and 24 years old often feel pressured into abandoning their studies in order to find work and provide income for their families. The Pacheco Community Center helps them to learn a trade in gardening and landscaping while also providing the tools and space required for production. Their main goal is to empower young people with the skills to help them find a job, but also the confidence to grow surrounded by a strong community. The project aims to improve local sustainable development by creating more community experiences that empower youth to build their own future and a more positive life.
- Accommodation is in a shared room only
- The rate shown is a 'from' price per person
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to speak to the operator about this project's availability, departure dates, and rates
- 80% refund available until 30 days prior to check-in; 50% refund available 15 days prior to check-in; 25% refund available 6 days prior to check-in; within 5 days of check-in there will be no refund.
- Pre-departure Information
- Project Coordination
- Free use of the house
- Use computers and Wifi
- Gardening Course
- Breakfast and Lunch on working days
- Airport transfers
- Meals on days off
- Any other services or activities not mentioned in inclusions