"Switch off and escape with this totally tailor-made, family-friendly holiday!"
Whether your clan consists of boisterous teens, excitable kids, or a delightful mixture of all of the above (with a splash of moodiness thrown in for good measure), this multi-activity holiday in the French Alps provides the perfect week of fun and action in the great outdoors – sure to bring a smile to even the most hormonal of tweens. Totally flexible, and tailor-made to suit you and your family’s needs, you can choose from an astonishing range of activities and accommodation to create the adventure holiday you’ve always dreamed of! So when they groan at the mere mention of a family holiday, you can smile smugly, and later say: ‘I knew you’d enjoy it when you got here!’
On this week-long trip, you’ll have nine ‘activity points’ per person, exchangeable for a range of different alpine activities. You might decide to go canyoning in crystal-clear alpine waters, go biking across rugged mountains, or send your youngest screaming down Europe’s fastest tyrolean zipwire! There’s also (get ready…) rafting, kayaking, tubing, climbing, paragliding, caving… Basically all the ‘ings’ you could ever imagine. Choose a style of accommodation to suit your needs, from a luxury chalet with a private hot tub to a budget-friendly youth hostel or a campsite. You’ll be spoilt for choice in every department!
Our work strives to support local communities, and to ensure that any money brought into the area from outside (via tourism) stays within the destination community. All of their chosen accommodations are locally owned and run, and they hire local guides rather than foreigners looking to do a ‘season’ in the Alps. Not only does this mean that guests enjoy a more authentic experience and benefit from local knowledge, but all of these measures help to make sure that the benefits of tourism are felt in the destination community itself.
We vet all of our guides and accommodation provides to make sure they are operating in a responsible and sustainable manner. For instance, accommodations that are built using eco-friendly materials, and who offer organic and local produce to their guests are prioritised for use, whilst guides that are able to explain local habitats, flora and fauna to travellers to foster a greater respect and understanding of the natural world are selected for employment. To share this sense of environmental responsibility with their travellers, Undiscovered Alps provides detailed information on how guests should behave within protected natural spaces like national parks.
Multi-Activities: This entire week is totally flexible, so once you’ve chosen the activities you’d like to do, Undiscovered Alps will do the hard work of putting it all together! There a wide variety of activities to choose from including canyoning, mountain biking, rafting, paragliding, and caving (to name but a few!)
- The rate shown is a guide 'from' price per person (based on the camping option, with a minimum of two people sharing)
- Other accommodation options are available, and the final price depends on accommodation choice
- Click 'Ask a Question' up above to chat with the operator directly and plan your perfect holiday!
- It is possible to extend your stay to a ten day or two week holiday or even cut it shorter for a long weekend.
- It is also possible to add extra activity points or mountain bike hire for the duration of your trip. Just 'Ask a Question' for your tailor-made quote.
- 7 nights accommodation in a choice of camping, self catering, bed and breakfast, youth hostel or hotel accommodation
- 9 activity points per person to exchange for a range of adventures and activities (click 'Ask a Question' up above to discuss all the possible activities with the operator)
- Maps and route advice for self guided walks and bike rides
- Up to date information and advice on markets, events and other things to see and do in the area so you can make the most of the area in your free time.
- Personalised itinerary
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions